Wednesday, 4 July 2018

Fire Razes Imo Residence, Reportedly Spares Only Bible

The fire has set fire to a three-bedroom bungalow in Ezioha Okporo in the local government area of ​​Orlu in the state of Imo, leaving the Holy Bible intact in its living room.

Although there were no victims, many found it curious that the Bible did not burn. However, it was discovered that the original business certificates of the owner, the documents of the vehicles, their educational certificates, those belonging to his wife and household items were reduced to ashes by hell.

Some of the burned certificates of the wife mentioned were Certificate of completion of high school, Certificate of upper secondary school, Certificate of the National Board of Examination, National Certificate of Education and Bachelor of Education, among other documents.

The cause of the fire had not been determined until the presentation of the report, but it was determined that the building was estimated at N10m.

Speaking with Southern City News at the scene of the incident, the owner, Mr. Vincent Ihenetu, said that all household gadgets and other valuables were destroyed by fire.

He said the fire started in the morning hours when there was no one in the complex, adding that he and his family members were in the complex of one of their relatives for the dedication of a child when the distress calls arrived. .

"We are in the complex of our relationship when I received calls from my neighbors, who were already inside my complex to put out the fire, that my house was on fire." Before I could reach my complex, the building had been set on fire.

"It was the manual efforts of my neighbors, friends and admirers that the fire did not spread to the boys' rooms, in the front and back of the building," he added.

Ihenetu, who hails from Umuduruoha Amaigbo in the Nwangele local government area of ​​the state, also said he bought the building when it was under construction in 2011 and completed it.

He also told a correspondent that he returned to the building on May 7, 2018 after his abduction and his release in 2016.

"I returned last month to re-equip the house when I saw that other people had started to build around the area to avoid the solitary nature of the area, which I assumed led to my abduction on Sunday, November 27, 2016."

In raising questions, Ihenetu, who revealed that he was consulting with his pastors, said he did not suspect anyone.

"There has not been a problem between any of my neighbors and my home since we returned and we started living there, I have submitted to the will of Almighty God, who knows and sees all things," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment